ShutterLoveTopTen

Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

Mama Knows Best

I have officially entered the phase that lasts the longest while raising children. You know, the phase when you stop being the person that knows everything and start knowing...NOTHING. Really? Already?!?! My daughter is only four and this is a recent conversation that we had:

Emma: Mama, can I put these on my bed? (She is referring to an extra set of crib sheets that I bought). They are so much prettier!

Me: They are prettier, aren't they? (Notice how calm I am right now?) But those crib sheets will not fit on your big girl bed. See how much bigger your bed is than Evelyn's crib? Those fit on Evelyn's mattress.

Emma: They will fit, Mama.

Me: No, they won't, Em.

Em: Yes, they will!

Me: Trust, Mom. I know. Really.

Emma: Just LET ME!!

Me: Fine, put them on. But you are putting the old bedding back on when it doesn't fit.

...

I really can't stand when letting her learn for herself means that I have to do MORE work. And you all know darn well that she didn't put those sheets back on. In her defense though, she did help. And to help me feel better about things, she DID learn the moral of the story...Mama STILL does know best. But it's going to be a LONG twenty plus years before she doesn't question me first.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea,
    It's very nice to meet you.
    I had to laugh at this post because I hate it when that happens, LOL. But I love it when I'm proven right once again. Especially to my 16 year old. Hee! Hee! My two youngest still think I have it together, which is good.
    Have a fabulous day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! The 5 year old in me wants to say "I told you so!" :o) lol.

    ReplyDelete